Can not Spoof User-Agent

carl day
Trying to login to a banksite with Gnome-web [epiphany] on Wayland or X
Bank site only allows firefox-chrome or ie or OS-X browser
See my thread on bbs.archlinux.org
Did some search on this site user-agent and noted
github epiphany-extensions are +5 years old?
 Got midori with builtin extension libstatusbar-features.so
to spoof as linux-firefox also does image/script toggle load usefull
for some sites.
Sadly midori is very much less stable than epiphany.

Re: Can not Spoof User-Agent

carl day
On 7/17/17, carl day <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Trying to login to a banksite with Gnome-web [epiphany] on Wayland or X
> Bank site only allows firefox-chrome or ie or OS-X browser
> See my thread on bbs.archlinux.org
> Did some search on this site user-agent and noted
> github epiphany-extensions are +5 years old?
>  Got midori with builtin extension libstatusbar-features.so
> to spoof as linux-firefox also does image/script toggle load usefull
> for some sites.
> Sadly midori is very much less stable than epiphany.

Re: Can not Spoof User-Agent

Michael Catanzaro-2
Hi,

You have to use the command line to do this, using the gsettings
command. Old instructions don't work anymore with Epiphany 3.24 because
the setting is now relocatable, allowing different Epiphany web apps to
have different settings but making it a bit more complicated to set.
This will work:

$ gsettings set org.gnome.Epiphany.web:/org.gnome.epiphany/web/
user-agent 'Bunnies! Lots of bunnies in my user agent!'

To revert to the default user agent:

$ gsettings reset org.gnome.Epiphany.web:/org.gnome.epiphany/web/
user-agent

Hope that helps,

Michael

Re: Can not Spoof User-Agent

Michael Catanzaro-2
On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Michael Catanzaro
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> $ gsettings set org.gnome.Epiphany.web:/org.gnome.epiphany/web/
> user-agent 'Bunnies! Lots of bunnies in my user agent!'
>
> To revert to the default user agent:
>
> $ gsettings reset org.gnome.Epiphany.web:/org.gnome.epiphany/web/
> user-agent

Oh no, I copied those instructions wrong! Sorry! Don't try that. Try
this instead: