Citing the Gnumeric and N|Solve solver in a research paper

Citing the Gnumeric and N|Solve solver in a research paper

Pawel Tokarz
Hello,

I am writing a research paper in which I use Gnumeric and the N|Solve solver.

How could I properly cite the Gnumeric project and the solver I use?

Are there any literature sources for the algorithm used for N|Solve?

Paweł Tokarz

Re: Citing the Gnumeric and N|Solve solver in a research paper

Morten Welinder-2
The details are messy and constantly changing, but here's the starting point:

 * This is based on the algorithm from "An Automatic Method for finding
 * the Greatest or Least Value of a Function" by H. H. Rosenbrock
 * published in _The Computer Journal_ (1960) 3(3): 175-184.