Conditional formatting

Tomasz Borek
Hey there,

I'm new to Gnumeric and this is my first email, so please bear with some awkwardness. :-)

Thank you for the tool, it's much lighter than Office's spreadsheets.

I tried using conditional formatting today and it failed. I went to help, but "this section is yet to be written". So, I have two questions:

1) I have a spreadsheet with answers from a test and want to count conditionally formatted cells - is this doable?

2) I want to format cells (green background color) if their values are as one row with proper answers. So, I tried it on a column, adding it custom style (green background) if it's value was equal to proper answer (another cell, D13). And no matter if the value is equal or not, I see no green background on a cell. What did I miss?

--
pozdrawiam,
LAFK

Re: Conditional formatting

Jean Brefort
Le samedi 27 mai 2017 à 18:57 +0200, Tomasz Borek a écrit :

> Hey there,
>
> I'm new to Gnumeric and this is my first email, so please bear with
> some awkwardness. :-)
>
> Thank you for the tool, it's much lighter than Office's spreadsheets.
>
> I tried using conditional formatting today and it failed. I went to
> help, but "this section is yet to be written". So, I have two
> questions:
>
> 1) I have a spreadsheet with answers from a test and want to count
> conditionally formatted cells - is this doable?

I don't know of any way to retrieve format related information from a
cell, but you can use the same test than the one used for the format, I
suppose.

> 2) I want to format cells (green background color) if their values
> are as one row with proper answers. So, I tried it on a column,
> adding it custom style (green background) if it's value was equal to
> proper answer (another cell, D13). And no matter if the value is
> equal or not, I see no green background on a cell. What did I miss?

It works for me. Not sure about what you did wrong. A minimal sample
showing the issue would help.

Regards,
Jean

Re: Conditional formatting

Jean Brefort-2
Le samedi 27 mai 2017 à 18:57 +0200, Tomasz Borek a écrit :

> Hey there,
>
> I'm new to Gnumeric and this is my first email, so please bear with
> some awkwardness. :-)
>
> Thank you for the tool, it's much lighter than Office's spreadsheets.
>
> I tried using conditional formatting today and it failed. I went to
> help, but "this section is yet to be written". So, I have two
> questions:
>
> 1) I have a spreadsheet with answers from a test and want to count
> conditionally formatted cells - is this doable?

I don't know of any way to retrieve format related information from a
cell, but you can use the same test than the one used for the format, I
suppose.

> 2) I want to format cells (green background color) if their values
> are as one row with proper answers. So, I tried it on a column,
> adding it custom style (green background) if it's value was equal to
> proper answer (another cell, D13). And no matter if the value is
> equal or not, I see no green background on a cell. What did I miss?

It works for me. Not sure about what you did wrong. A minimal sample
showing the issue would help.

Regards,
Jean

Re: Conditional formatting

Tomasz Borek
Incredibly I missed this until today (where I found this online) and was certain it went without a reply. Apologies Jean. Je suis très désolée!

Here are an image and a sample.

B1 should be red. C1 - yellow. Etc. I've just put one rule there so far, the cell >= F7 => make background green.
Problem is, this rule is like stated only for B1. For C1 it's G7, for D1 it's H7 etc. How to stop the progression? I want my row uniformly formatted. Same conditional formatting for everyone.

For column it also progresses, though differently. And I also would like to know how to format the columns uniformly.

Le samedi 27 mai 2017 à 18:57 +0200, Tomasz Borek a écrit :
> Hey there,
>
> I'm new to Gnumeric and this is my first email, so please bear with
> some awkwardness. :-)
>
> Thank you for the tool, it's much lighter than Office's spreadsheets.
>
> I tried using conditional formatting today and it failed. I went to
> help, but "this section is yet to be written". So, I have two
> questions:
>
> 1) I have a spreadsheet with answers from a test and want to count
> conditionally formatted cells - is this doable?

I don't know of any way to retrieve format related information from a
cell, but you can use the same test than the one used for the format, I
suppose.

> 2) I want to format cells (green background color) if their values
> are as one row with proper answers. So, I tried it on a column,
> adding it custom style (green background) if it's value was equal to
> proper answer (another cell, D13). And no matter if the value is
> equal or not, I see no green background on a cell. What did I miss?

It works for me. Not sure about what you did wrong. A minimal sample
showing the issue would help.

Regards,
Jean

--
pozdrawiam,
LAFK

Gnumeric_CondFormat.gnumeric (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Conditional formatting

Jean Brefort
Just use absolute references, e.g. $F$7 instead of F7.

Hope this helps,
Jean

Le jeudi 07 juin 2018 à 20:04 +0200, Tomasz Borek a écrit :

> Incredibly I missed this until today (where I found this online) and
> was certain it went without a reply. Apologies Jean. Je suis très
> désolée!
>
> Here are an image and a sample.
>
> B1 should be red. C1 - yellow. Etc. I've just put one rule there so
> far, the cell >= F7 => make background green.
> Problem is, this rule is like stated only for B1. For C1 it's G7, for
> D1 it's H7 etc. How to stop the progression? I want my row uniformly
> formatted. Same conditional formatting for everyone.
>
> For column it also progresses, though differently. And I also would
> like to know how to format the columns uniformly.

> > Le samedi 27 mai 2017 à 18:57 +0200, Tomasz Borek a écrit :
> > > Hey there,
> > >
> > > I'm new to Gnumeric and this is my first email, so please bear
> > with
> > > some awkwardness. :-)
> > >
> > > Thank you for the tool, it's much lighter than Office's
> > spreadsheets.
> > >
> > > I tried using conditional formatting today and it failed. I went
> > > help, but "this section is yet to be written". So, I have two
> > > questions:
> > >
> > > 1) I have a spreadsheet with answers from a test and want to
> > count
> > > conditionally formatted cells - is this doable?
> >
> > I don't know of any way to retrieve format related information from
> > cell, but you can use the same test than the one used for the
> > format, I
> > suppose.
> >
> > > 2) I want to format cells (green background color) if their
> > values
> > > are as one row with proper answers. So, I tried it on a column,
> > > adding it custom style (green background) if it's value was equal
> > > proper answer (another cell, D13). And no matter if the value is
> > > equal or not, I see no green background on a cell. What did I
> > miss?
> >
> > It works for me. Not sure about what you did wrong. A minimal
> > sample
> > showing the issue would help.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jean