Contributing to Gnumeric

Dan Fries
Dear Gnumeric,

I hope you do not mind me contacting you directly, as I was given your email by a colleague. My name is Dan Fries, and I am a technical copywriter focused covering the open source software community.

I'm reaching out to you today in the hopes of writing for Gnumeric. Is there any availability to contribute to the site as a guest author? I'm not seeking employment nor remuneration, only volunteer work.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Dan
__

If I've reached you in error or you would prefer to not receive another message at this address, I apologize for the inconvenience. Click here and you shouldn't hear from me again.

Re: Contributing to Gnumeric

GnuMeric mailing list
Hello Dan,

Gnumeric is mostly in maintenance mode these days, so there is little
writing going on, either on the web site or for the documentation. If
you are looking to join a vibrant community, I suggest you look to other
efforts within GNOME. You might look here:
   https://wiki.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Contributing

If you are interested, in particular, to work on the Gnumeric
spreadsheet, then we could talk about your specific interests to see
what would be the most fun for you to work on. Let us know what
motivates you in particular: e.g. presenting user interfaces, explaining
workflows, presenting complex analysis. The documentation is in
particular need of:
   1) being updated to the latest releases
   2) including a deep explanation of the spreadsheet native addressing
      scheme: R#C#
The former involves redoing most of the screenshots, the latter requires
a deep understanding of spreadsheets.

cheers,
   ~adrian