Income Tax With Gnumeric

Paul
Hello,

First of I want to thank each one of you for creating a solid spreadsheet program. I've been using Gnumeric for a few years now. Last year, I decided to try doing my income taxes with Gnumeric. I was able to program all computations and successfully complete all the forms I had to use. There is one more things I need to automate the process: print the results to PDF forms.

I played with convert program from Imagemagick suite, and I am able to produce "filled" PDF forms with bash scripts. Here it is an example:

~$ convert -pointsize 18 -fill black \
   -draw 'text 460,188 "Some Text To Be Embedded"' \
   input.png -threshold 50% -geometry 1275x1650 output.pdf

Convert program allows embedding text anywhere unto the form quite precisely up to one pixel. I would like to be able to do the same from within Gnumeric using a plugin. The plugin should allow use to choose worksheet(s) and process it/them producing "filled" PDFs. Is anyone interested to work with me to create such a plugin? I have some knowledge in bash scripting and designing workflow of the scripts.

If anyone is interested, please drop me a line at shpaul25 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Income Tax With Gnumeric

Steven D'Aprano-8
On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 08:02:20PM -0700, Paul wrote:

> Last year, I decided to try doing my income taxes with Gnumeric. I was
> able to program all computations and successfully complete all the
> forms I had to use.

Which country's income tax are you referring to?

--
Steve