Installing Gnumeric 1.12.44 on Windows 10 Computer

Installing Gnumeric 1.12.44 on Windows 10 Computer

Robert Brooks

I successfully installed and successfully ran Gnumeric1.10 on this computer, but when I went upgrade to the 1.12.44 version I cannot see/find in the unzipped files a “setup/Install” executable to be able to run the installation of the latest version.  Can you please help me understand how to do this?

Thanks,

Bob Brooks

1345 Meridian Ranch Dr

Reno, NV 89523

Tel:  (775) 376 8420

Cell: (760) 702 5550

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Installing Gnumeric 1.12.44 on Windows 10 Computer

Frédéric Parrenin

Hi Roberts,

There is no Windows binary for recent versions of Gnumeric.
Windows support has been discontinued.

But you can still install Gnumeric on Windows 10 using WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux).
It is a bit less easy to install and a bit less integrated, but it works (I tested it myself).

All the best,

Frédéric

Le 28/02/2019 à 00:42, Robert Brooks a écrit :

I successfully installed and successfully ran Gnumeric1.10 on this computer, but when I went upgrade to the 1.12.44 version I cannot see/find in the unzipped files a “setup/Install” executable to be able to run the installation of the latest version.  Can you please help me understand how to do this?

Thanks,

Bob Brooks

1345 Meridian Ranch Dr

Reno, NV 89523

Tel:  (775) 376 8420

Cell: (760) 702 5550

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Installing Gnumeric 1.12.44 on Windows 10 Computer

Rex Couture-2
     PortableApps has version 1.12.17, which is reputed to work on Windows.

Rex

--

Rex Couture, Ph. D.
Dept. of Earth and Planetary Sciences