Long URL in quote are wrapped

hiker
Hi

I noticed that a long URL in a post is cut or wrapped on several lines
when quoting. The a click on that URL doen't work any more.

--
Thanks, hiker

Re: Long URL in quote are wrapped

Duncan-42
hiker posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 09:33:15 +0000 as excerpted:

> Hi
>
> I noticed that a long URL in a post is cut or wrapped on several lines
> when quoting. The a click on that URL doen't work any more.

Yes.  Pan's wrapping code is "quirky", in that regard.  I've learned to
select the wrapped part and attach it to the address in the browser's
address bar when the error comes up, to complete the address.
Alternatively, select-paste the thing elsewhere and edit it there, then
select the link, and if you have a clipboard helper popup like I do
(kde's klipper), it'll popup the completed link then and allow you to
send it to the browser.

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.   No HTML msgs.
and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman

Re: Long URL in quote are wrapped

Dave-58
On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 15:32:42 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> Yes.  Pan's wrapping code is "quirky", in that regard.  I've learned to
> select the wrapped part and attach it to the address in the browser's
> address bar when the error comes up, to complete the address.
> Alternatively, select-paste the thing elsewhere and edit it there, then
> select the link, and if you have a clipboard helper popup like I do
> (kde's klipper), it'll popup the completed link then and allow you to
> send it to the browser.

Or just highlight the multi-line URL and click reply where you can then
edit out the "gaps".  Now you have a single, complete URL to paste into
the browser address bar.  It's still a fudged workaround but that seems
to work as the minimum number of steps.

--
Climate Change may be raising the sea levels, but the gene pool
seems to be drying up.