Maildir deleted

JohnJackDoe
Maildir deleted

Dear list members,

Yesterday night I compiled and installed Balsa 2.5.3a-76-ga1b1465 from
GIT. Compilation and installation passed without failure messages.

Balsa was started in debug mode with 'G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all
/usr/local/bin/balsa'. The log did not show failures but Balsa reported
that the local mailbox can not be opened. This was very strange. I
restarted Balsa with identical results. So i check my maildir directory
- it was gone/deleted!
Luckily I run two identical notebooks - one for testing and one
operational. So I copied my maildir directory from this notebook
(operational) to my test notebook and restarted Balsa, and everything
was fine. The gone/deleted maildir directory is concerning me very much.
Is somebody out there with the same/similar experience? This really
worries me!

I am running xubuntu 16.04 LTS 32 bit.
--
Best regards,