Order of items in legend, stavked bar chart

Order of items in legend, stavked bar chart

GnuMeric mailing list
I often do a figure like the attached example: a horizontal stacked bar chart with a legend.
The problem is that the order of the legend is always the opposite of the order in which the actual stacked bar chart segments appear. I.e. the stacked bar chart goes: violet, red, yellow. But the legend goes: yellow, red, violet.
Therefore, to fix that, is there any way how I can control the order of the legend?
Manually adjusting this in the resulting PDF/PNG is very tedious.

Thank you,
Anton

==
Gnumeric 1.12.28

Screenshot_2020-03-17_12-04-35.png (16K) Download Attachment

Re: Order of items in legend, stavked bar chart

Andreas J Guelzow

Hi,

for the X-Axis, check "Invert Axis"

Andreas

Re: Order of items in legend, stavked bar chart

GnuMeric mailing list
Thank you Andreas, however this also has the side effect that the x-axis is, well, inverted, running from high to low numbers - when reading from left to right.
I think what I want is, invert the order of the legend, not the order of the plot.

Anton

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 1:12 PM Andreas J Guelzow <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

for the X-Axis, check "Invert Axis"

Andreas

Re: Order of items in legend, stavked bar chart

Jean Brefort
Hi,

This is weird. For scatter plots, the first series comes first in the
legend but for bar/column charts it comes last. For columns, it makes
sense since the first series is displayed at low Y-axis values, but for
bar charts, it clearly does not. Please file a bug report at
gitlab.gnome.org, product GNOME/goffice.

Thank you,
Jean