Overview

Estêvão Samuel Procópio

Hello, everyone.

My name is Estêvão and I'm volunteering to work with the overview (ephi-about:overview).

I talked to Michael Catanzaro at IRC and he gave me a lot of info on needs and designs about the overview. I started with the design modifications and he told me to check the implementation with the design team... How can I do that? Should I open a bug report and attach the screenshot?

Something I found

out while taking a look at the code

is

that

the overview screen only lists the most visited sites and it's hardcoded in ephy-about-handler. My proposal is to expose a javascript object so that the overview page can load other kind of stuff to present to the user,

like bookmarks, recent visited sites and stuff like that.

What do you think about that? Is that the way to do it or is there any

better approach?

By the way, if you're curious about what I have done,

here's the screenshot of how it's looking

like:
https://imgur.com/a/NLIwG

It was based on this mockup:

https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups-lfs/blob/master/web/web-318.svg

Thanks in advance.

Estêvão Samuel Procópio Amaral

Re: Overview

Michael Catanzaro-2
On Fri, 2016-09-30 at 20:06 +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> My name is Estêvão and I'm volunteering to work with the overview
> (ephi-about:overview).

Hi, thanks a bunch for working on this.

> I talked to Michael Catanzaro at IRC and he gave me a lot of info on
> needs
> and designs about the overview. I started with the design
> modifications and
> he told me to check the implementation with the design team... How
> can I do
> that? Should I open a bug report and attach the screenshot?

Yeah, open a bug report with the screenshot and your patch. Mention
your patch in #gnome-design on IRC and see if anyone comments there.
Since it matches the mockup I will probably merge it after a couple
days if there is no response from designers.

> Something I found
>
> out while taking a look at the code
>
> is
>
> that
>
> the overview screen only lists the most visited sites and it's
> hardcoded in
> ephy-about-handler. My proposal is to expose a javascript object so
> that
> the overview page can load other kind of stuff to present to the
> user,
>
> like bookmarks, recent visited sites and stuff like that.
>
> What do you think about that? Is that the way to do it or is there
> any
>
> better approach?

It's probably the best way.

Michael