Pan compose windows, word wrap, line length limit.

Pan compose windows, word wrap, line length limit.

Dave-58
Where do I set the word wrap limit for the compose window?

It used to wrap at about 75 chars.  Now it doesn't.  Has a setting changed somewhere or have I accidently
hit a ctrl-key combo and switched it off?

"Wrap text" in the compose windows EDit menu is on.

--
Climate Change may be raising the sea levels, but the gene pool
seems to be drying up.

Re: Pan compose windows, word wrap, line length limit.

Duncan-42
Dave posted on Sat, 19 Nov 2016 02:52:45 +0000 as excerpted:

> Where do I set the word wrap limit for the compose window?
>
> It used to wrap at about 75 chars.  Now it doesn't.  Has a setting
> changed somewhere or have I accidently hit a ctrl-key combo and switched
> it off?
>
> "Wrap text" in the compose windows EDit menu is on.

Try hitting the "w" key in the main window.

That's the default "display wrap toggle" hotkey, as opposed to the
"compose wrap toggle" you mentioned.  The menu entry for the function
matching that (default) hotkey is view > body pane > wrap article body.

There's also a toolbar button for it.  Second from the right.  Toggling
the function (however you do it) should toggle that button between
depressed and not, as well, so you can visually track whether wrap is on
or not.

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.   No HTML msgs.
and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 05:44:13 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> Dave posted on Sat, 19 Nov 2016 02:52:45 +0000 as excerpted:
>
>> Where do I set the word wrap limit for the compose window?
>>
>> It used to wrap at about 75 chars.  Now it doesn't.  Has a setting
>> changed somewhere or have I accidently hit a ctrl-key combo and
>> switched it off?
>>
>> "Wrap text" in the compose windows EDit menu is on.
>
> Try hitting the "w" key in the main window.
>
> That's the default "display wrap toggle" hotkey, as opposed to the
> "compose wrap toggle" you mentioned.  The menu entry for the function
> matching that (default) hotkey is view > body pane > wrap article body.
>
> There's also a toolbar button for it.  Second from the right.  Toggling
> the function (however you do it) should toggle that button between
> depressed and not, as well, so you can visually track whether wrap is on
> or not.

Yes, that turns word-wrap on/off but I want to find where Pan specifies the point at which word-wrap
occurs.  It's currently word-wrapping at ~100 chars.

What does this look like to you?  Right now, here, the word-wrap happens directly after the "word-wrap"
with "occurs" starting on the next line, giving about one and half lines of test.  No hard retiurns typed at all.

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 11:52:27 +0000, Dave wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 05:44:13 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>
>> Dave posted on Sat, 19 Nov 2016 02:52:45 +0000 as excerpted:
>>
>>> Where do I set the word wrap limit for the compose window?
>>>
>>> It used to wrap at about 75 chars.  Now it doesn't.  Has a setting
>>> changed somewhere or have I accidently hit a ctrl-key combo and
>>> switched it off?
>>>
>>> "Wrap text" in the compose windows EDit menu is on.
>>
>> Try hitting the "w" key in the main window.
>>
>> That's the default "display wrap toggle" hotkey, as opposed to the
>> "compose wrap toggle" you mentioned.  The menu entry for the function
>> matching that (default) hotkey is view > body pane > wrap article body.
>>
>> There's also a toolbar button for it.  Second from the right.  Toggling
>> the function (however you do it) should toggle that button between
>> depressed and not, as well, so you can visually track whether wrap is
>> on or not.
>
> Yes, that turns word-wrap on/off but I want to find where Pan specifies
> the point at which word-wrap occurs.  It's currently word-wrapping at
> ~100 chars.
>
> What does this look like to you?  Right now, here, the word-wrap happens
> directly after the "word-wrap"
> with "occurs" starting on the next line, giving about one and half lines
> of test.  No hard retiurns typed at all.

Never mind.  It seems I'm talking out my ass again :-)

Just double checked my post above, ie the one I'm replying to, and the word wrapping is fine when I read
it after it's posted.  It's obviously a soft wrap in the compose window is then wrapped properly for a
standard usenet line length on posting.  It seems an odd behaviour.