Pay for feature

Grant-4
Hello, I need the ability to copy EXIF data to the clipboard from the
metadata viewer in Linux.  Is anyone willing to work on this in
exchange for payment?

Thanks,
Grant

Re: Pay for feature

Josef Kufner
You can make a shell script like this to show textual representation of EXIF:

#!/bin/sh
exiftool "$1" \
| zenity --text-info --font=Monospace --width=800 --height=600 --title="$1"

Or like this to copy it directly to clipboard:

#!/bin/sh
exiftool "$1" | xsel

And then set this script as an external editor in Geeqie.

You can also use another tools like exiv2 and customize output as you
need using tool's options or grep/sed.

Grant wrote, on 12.7.2017 14:54:

> Hello, I need the ability to copy EXIF data to the clipboard from the
> metadata viewer in Linux.  Is anyone willing to work on this in
> exchange for payment?
>
> Thanks,
> Grant

Re: Pay for feature

colin clark
At the moment you can just highlight a single line of data.
Do you just want to copy a single line to the clipboard, or a set of consecutive or non-consecutive lines?

Re: Pay for feature

Grant-4
> You can make a shell script like this to show textual representation of EXIF:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> exiftool "$1" \
> | zenity --text-info --font=Monospace --width=800 --height=600 --title="$1"
>
> Or like this to copy it directly to clipboard:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> exiftool "$1" | xsel
>
> And then set this script as an external editor in Geeqie.
>
> You can also use another tools like exiv2 and customize output as you
> need using tool's options or grep/sed.

Hmmm, could I set up an action to copy the contents of a single field
(Exif.Image.DocumentName for example) to the clipboard?  If so, where
is that set up and how do I access it from the GUI?  I'm hoping for
something in the right click -> Edit menu.

- Grant

>> Hello, I need the ability to copy EXIF data to the clipboard from the
>> metadata viewer in Linux.  Is anyone willing to work on this in
>> exchange for payment?

Re: Pay for feature

Grant-4
> At the moment you can just highlight a single line of data.
> Do you just want to copy a single line to the clipboard, or a set of
> consecutive or non-consecutive lines?

I'm hoping to copy the contents of a single field on a single line.

- Grant

Re: Pay for feature

Roger
Yup.  Just figured this out today as well.

$ exiftool -s3 -CreateDate image.jpg

Prints only the creation date of the file to stdout.

I prefer the "-s3" option, as the option omits labels when piping the EXIF data
within scripts.  Also look at "-S" and "-s2" options, as well as finding your
related interested EXIF tag name or tag data field. (eg. CreateDate,
ModifyDate, ...)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/

Re: Pay for feature

colin clark
Implemented in commit bfa5abb9b5c at geeqie.org.
Just click on any cell, and the value is copied into the clipboard.

Re: Pay for feature

Grant-4
> Implemented in commit bfa5abb9b5c at geeqie.org.
> Just click on any cell, and the value is copied into the clipboard.

Thank you Colin!

- Grant

Re: Pay for feature

colin clark
In case you are not tracking the repository, there is another commit that permits you to also copy from the Exif pane in the sidebar.
Left click stores in one clipboard; right click to the other. I've already forgotten which way round. A bit of empirical research should give you the answer.

Re: Pay for feature

Grant-4
> In case you are not tracking the repository, there is another commit that
> permits you to also copy from the Exif pane in the sidebar.
> Left click stores in one clipboard; right click to the other. I've already
> forgotten which way round. A bit of empirical research should give you the
> answer.

That's great!  I didn't realize it was possible to bring up Exif in
the sidebar but I see it now.

Thanks,
Grant