Pocket online account and Epiphany

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Pocket online account and Epiphany

Nicolas Petton
Hi!

I was wondering if there's support for the Read Later online accounts in
Epiphany?  It may be there, but I couldn't find it.

I was using the Pocket service until recently, and I've now switched to
Wallabag.  I think such a feature would be a welcome addition to
Epiphany.

Cheers,
Nico

_______________________________________________
epiphany-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/epiphany-list

signature.asc (497 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Pocket online account and Epiphany

Michael Catanzaro-2
On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 7:28 AM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I was wondering if there's support for the Read Later online accounts
> in
> Epiphany?  It may be there, but I couldn't find it.
>
> I was using the Pocket service until recently, and I've now switched
> to
> Wallabag.  I think such a feature would be a welcome addition to
> Epiphany.
>
> Cheers,
> Nico

Hi,

There's not currently any such support, but I think it's desired and
practical. Bastien was interested in this topic so I've CCed him.

Michael

_______________________________________________
epiphany-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/epiphany-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Pocket online account and Epiphany

Bastien Nocera
On Mon, 2017-07-24 at 09:36 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 7:28 AM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I was wondering if there's support for the Read Later online
> > accounts
> > in
> > Epiphany?  It may be there, but I couldn't find it.
> >
> > I was using the Pocket service until recently, and I've now
> > switched
> > to
> > Wallabag.  I think such a feature would be a welcome addition to
> > Epiphany.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Nico
>
> Hi,
>
> There's not currently any such support, but I think it's desired and
> practical. Bastien was interested in this topic so I've CCed him.

I don't know what is meant by "support for Read Later online accounts".

If you mean support for adding new URLs to the reading list, I've done
this for Pocket in: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=720444
but the approach was rejected.

As for reading, bolso has Pocket support, but needs more work:
https://github.com/felipeborges/bolso

I have no plans for working on Wallabag-specific support for any of
those (been using Pocket since 2010, and though slowly thinking about
Wallabag as an alternative, my interest for switching has dwindled
since Pocket got bought by Mozilla).

Cheers
_______________________________________________
epiphany-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/epiphany-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Pocket online account and Epiphany

Nicolas Petton
Bastien Nocera <[hidden email]> writes:

> If you mean support for adding new URLs to the reading list, I've done
> this for Pocket in: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=720444
> but the approach was rejected.

Thanks, I read the thread.  Is there any plan to implement the feature
using a different approach?

Cheers,
Nico

_______________________________________________
epiphany-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/epiphany-list

signature.asc (497 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Pocket online account and Epiphany

Bastien Nocera
On Wed, 2017-07-26 at 10:18 +0200, Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Bastien Nocera <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > If you mean support for adding new URLs to the reading list, I've
> > done
> > this for Pocket in: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7204
> > 44
> > but the approach was rejected.
>
> Thanks, I read the thread.  Is there any plan to implement the
> feature
> using a different approach?

Not in the short term.
_______________________________________________
epiphany-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/epiphany-list
Loading...