Re: New to Gnumeric -- attempting to plot data]

Re: New to Gnumeric -- attempting to plot data]

GnuMeric mailing list

Or R.  Spreadsheets provide some LIGHT data base and statistical
functions but are not database or statistrical analysis or graphing
applications.  A large percentage of the traffic on this list is about
how to get Gnumneric to do things it was not designed to do.  For
example, there was a recent query on how to do a database join.
Spreadsheets are nice for storing small (browsable) datasets, and you
can do a few simple statistical, database, or graphing things.  But if
you want more functionality, or need to tweak things, you probably
need software designed for just that sort of thing.

----- Forwarded message from Andres Kuusk via gnumeric-list <[hidden email]> -----

Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:58:38 +0200 (EET)
From: Andres Kuusk via gnumeric-list <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: New to Gnumeric -- attempting to plot data

Hi!

Copy the table (or part of it) to a text file
and plot you graph with gnuplot.

Andres Kuusk
Tartu Observatory, Estonia

--------

----- End forwarded message -----

--

      _
     | |          Robert W. Hayden
     | |          5 Howard Street, Apartment 206
    /  |          Wilton, New Hampshire 03086  USA
   |   |
  /    |          website: http://statland.org
 |   x /
 ''''''

Re: New to Gnumeric -- attempting to plot data]

Richard Owlett
R is not suitable - I read https://www.r-project.org/about.html .
My input is a time sequence which when plotted should be a strait line.
It wasn't.
I chose to plot [x(n+1) - x(n)] as a function of n.
I needed to investigate area around discontinuities.

Adrian's post solved my problem.
Thanks