Spelling Language

Leon Stedman

Hi,

When I use Balsa spell checking I change the language to English
(British) if I leave the composer it is changed back to English
(American).

is there some way to make the language change predominant?

I am using Balsa 2.5.3 under Fedora 26, and the spell-checker is
enchant/aspell.

--
Leon Stedman

Re: Spelling Language

Peter Bloomfield

Re: Spelling Language

Leon Stedman

Many thanks, Peter, for very prompt reply.

This change in behaviour (sic) will make balsa much more useful to
the many who do not use American English.

It would be even better were Balsa to respect the environmental variable
LANG, but the coding effort required to do this might not be worthwhile.

One feature that Alpine offers is to spell-check each message before
sending. This might be a feature that could be offered in Balsa.