Web (Epiphany) bookmarks question

Stan Dobbs

I am using Web 3.18.11 on Lubuntu 16.04. It seems to be a highly usable alternative to Firefox or Chromium and loads and renders pages very quickly and reliably on my old, low powered netbook.

My question concerns Web bookmarks access. Most web browsers offer a bookmark shortcut; a toolbar link or a keyboard shortcut. With my present configuration, neither seems to be available.  I didn't notice any bookmark references in Web's documentation.  I understand that, as a Gnome app, Web is designed to integrate into the Gnome desktop. Is the lack of such a link due to the LXDE configuration of Lubuntu?

While not a deal breaker the bookmark shortcut would definitely be nice to have. Any solutions or workarounds regarding this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Stan Dobbs

Re: Web (Epiphany) bookmarks question

Michael Catanzaro-2
On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 9:22 PM, Stan Dobbs <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> Most web browsers offer a bookmark shortcut; a toolbar link or a
> keyboard shortcut.

In newer versions of Epiphany there is a button in the toolbar. Would
that suffice for you, or do you think we also need a keyboard shortcut
to open it?

I think in 3.18.11 there was actually a keyboard shortcut: <control>B.
Try that! That shortcut definitely no longer works in recent versions
of Epiphany, though.

Michael