Whenever I try to save a file in *.gnumeric format, my gnumeric crashes

Whenever I try to save a file in *.gnumeric format, my gnumeric crashes

GnuMeric mailing list
Whenever I try to save a file in *.gnumeric format, my gnumeric crashes (and the file is not saved).

I attached error messages which were output on bash.

Is there any way I can repair my gnumeric instance? I tried purging, reinstalling, w/o success.

Anton

--
versions used:
gnumeric version '1.12.35'

errors (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Whenever I try to save a file in *.gnumeric format, my gnumeric crashes

Jean Brefort-2
Hi,

Did you insert images in the file? Was the file in a different format
before opening in Gnumeric? And can you provide a sample file?

Regards,
Jean

Le samedi 04 juillet 2020 à 12:51 -0700, Anton Kratz via gnumeric-list
a écrit :

> Whenever I try to save a file in *.gnumeric format, my gnumeric
> crashes (and the file is not saved).
>
> I attached error messages which were output on bash.
>
> Is there any way I can repair my gnumeric instance? I tried purging,
> reinstalling, w/o success.
>
> Anton
>
> --
> versions used:
> gnumeric version '1.12.35'
> Xubuntu 18.04 LTS

Re: Whenever I try to save a file in *.gnumeric format, my gnumeric crashes

GnuMeric mailing list
> Did you insert images in the file?

No.

> Was the file in a different format before opening in Gnumeric?

It happens with both use-cases that I have file: tab-separated ASCII from import, as well as manually inserting numbers from scratch.

> And can you provide a sample file?

To reproduce:
1. Open gnumeric
2. Insert a number into the first cell (for example "1")
3. Try to save ("Book1.gnumeric")

Result: gnumeric crashes. Message on bash:
kratz@kratz-VirtualBox:~$ gnumeric

** (gnumeric:2359): CRITICAL **: 14:31:29.402: go_doc_init_write: assertion 'doc->priv->imagebuf == NULL' failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Side notes:
  • Strangely, saving in *.xlsx format works! Only compressed and uncomplessed gnumeric formats seem to cause this. I would prefer to save in gnumeric format.
  • Otherwise, gnumeric seems to work and behave normally.
Anton
Anton

a écrit :
> Whenever I try to save a file in *.gnumeric format, my gnumeric
> crashes (and the file is not saved).
>
> I attached error messages which were output on bash.
>
> Is there any way I can repair my gnumeric instance? I tried purging,
> reinstalling, w/o success.
>
> Anton
>
> --
> versions used:
> gnumeric version '1.12.35'
> Xubuntu 18.04 LTS

Re: Whenever I try to save a file in *.gnumeric format, my gnumeric crashes

Morten Welinder-2
Where did you get your Gnumeric and goffice from?

Do you have more than one of either installed?

What version is your goffice?

M.