bad timestamps mc-4.8.19 copy from archive

bad timestamps mc-4.8.19 copy from archive

Felix Miata-2
Anyone else using openSUSE or Fedora seeing this:

To reproduce:
1-left pane, enter some tar.gz or .bz2 archive, e.g.
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/2.48/contrib/seamonkey-2.48.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
saved locally
2-select all files with * key and dirs with INS
3-F5 -> ENTER
4-TAB

Actual behavior:
All files from archive show current timestamps

Expected behavior:
Files and directories inherit individual timestamps from archive

I first noticed this some weeks ago when busy and no time to follow-up before
forgetting. Tonight I updated two TW systems, then found a BS package for Fedora
25 and tried. All three suffer this. I recognize nothing in changelog or mc's
tracker to explain it as expected behavior. Ordinary copy continues to work as
expected. :-(

Reverting to 4.8.17 solves.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Re: bad timestamps mc-4.8.19 copy from archive

Yury V. Zaytsev
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017, Felix Miata wrote:

> Anyone else using openSUSE or Fedora seeing this:
>
> To reproduce:
> 1-left pane, enter some tar.gz or .bz2 archive, e.g.
> https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/2.48/contrib/seamonkey-2.48.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
> saved locally
> 2-select all files with * key and dirs with INS
> 3-F5 -> ENTER
> 4-TAB
>
> Actual behavior:
> All files from archive show current timestamps
>
> Expected behavior:
> Files and directories inherit individual timestamps from archive
>
> I first noticed this some weeks ago when busy and no time to follow-up before
> forgetting. Tonight I updated two TW systems, then found a BS package for Fedora
> 25 and tried. All three suffer this. I recognize nothing in changelog or mc's
> tracker to explain it as expected behavior. Ordinary copy continues to work as
> expected. :-(
>
> Reverting to 4.8.17 solves.

Please check current git, should be already solved.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev

Re: bad timestamps mc-4.8.19 copy from archive

Felix Miata-2
Yury V. Zaytsev composed on 2017-08-11 11:04 (UTC+0200):

> Felix Miata wrote:
>> Reverting to 4.8.17 solves.

> Please check current git, should be already solved.

No luck searching. I get 15k hits searching for 'timestamp archive'. It wants to
search all of git across all repos rather than limiting to mc, and
https://midnight-commander.org/search finds only one closed two year old bug.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Re: bad timestamps mc-4.8.19 copy from archive

Andrew Borodin

https://midnight-commander.org/ticket/3821

--
Andrew