[cazzola@di.unimi.it: Re: [gnumeric-list] Re: python plugins]

GnuMeric mailing list

Actually many Linux distros ahve already switched to Python 3 though 2
may be available in the repositories.

https://www.quora.com/When-is-it-estimated-that-Linux-distros-will-no-longer-include-Python-2-7

----- Forwarded message from Walter Cazzola <[hidden email]> -----

Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 13:15:39 +0200 (CEST)
From: Walter Cazzola <[hidden email]>
To: Jean Br?fort <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [gnumeric-list] Re: python plugins

Hi,
this wouldn't be a problem but the module gnumeric is missing also in pip2.
Even if deprecated and end-of-life since January python2 is still installed in
any linux box.

Walter

----- End forwarded message -----

--

      _
     | |          Robert W. Hayden
     | |          5 Howard Street, Apartment 206
    /  |          Wilton, New Hampshire 03086  USA
   |   |
  /    |          website: http://statland.org
 |   x /
 ''''''

Re: [gnumeric-list] [cazzola@di.unimi.it: Re: [gnumeric-list] Re: python plugins]

Walter Cazzola
On Sat, 4 Apr 2020, User Hayden via gnumeric-list wrote:

> Actually many Linux distros ahve already switched to Python 3 though 2
> may be available in the repositories.

in my case, I've both python2 (2.7.17) and python3 (3.7.6), python3 is the
default now.

But the problem is to install the gnumeric module that is not avilable for A
or B.

Walter

--
Walter Cazzola, PhD, Associate Professor, Computer Science, Univ. of Milano
[hidden email] @w_cazzola Ph: +39 02 503 16300 HP: cazzola.di.unimi.it

Re: [gnumeric-list] [cazzola@di.unimi.it: Re: [gnumeric-list] Re: python plugins]

Jean Brefort
Le samedi 04 avril 2020 à 12:08 +0200, Walter Cazzola a écrit :

> On Sat, 4 Apr 2020, User Hayden via gnumeric-list wrote:
>
> > Actually many Linux distros ahve already switched to Python 3
> > though 2
> > may be available in the repositories.
>
> in my case, I've both python2 (2.7.17) and python3 (3.7.6), python3
> is the
> default now.
>
> But the problem is to install the gnumeric module that is not
> avilable for A
> or B.

In that case, you should consider building gnumeric from sources.

Regards,
Jean