gnumeric & python2

GnuMeric mailing list

Hello All,
A thread in the Fedora Xfce ML (link above) indicates that gnumeric has a dependency on python2 which is near end of life.  The plan is to remove remaining packages dependent on python2 which includes gnumeric.  Can anyone describe what creates this dependency?  gnumeric is solid, stable and fast loading spreadsheet. I think it has a place on the default package list.

Re: gnumeric & python2

Morten Welinder-2
I am fairly certain we don't have a hard dependency of python 2.

That is to say, you can configure and compile Gnumeric without python
2 being present.  You will likely lose the python plugin as a result,
but that's life.

I believe the introspection based python interface is happy with python 3.

Morten