how to shade alternate rows?

bill-2
Hi all,

I want to shade alternate rows on my spreadsheet a medium gray to make it easier to distinguish data in long rows. I can do it manually, but then it gets messed up if, later, i need to add a row. So, I'm looking for a way to say something like "shade all odd numbered rows" so that the pattern is maintained even if rows are added or deleted. Thanks for any info!

peace
bill d

Re: how to shade alternate rows?

Jean Brefort-2
Hi,

Look at Format/Autoformat, category "List".

Hope this helps,
Jean

Le samedi 25 juillet 2020 à 07:13 +0200, bill d a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I want to shade alternate rows on my spreadsheet a medium gray to
> make it easier to distinguish data in long rows. I can do it
> manually, but then it gets messed up if, later, i need to add a row.
> So, I'm looking for a way to say something like "shade all odd
> numbered rows" so that the pattern is maintained even if rows are
> added or deleted. Thanks for any info!
>
> peace
> bill d

Re: how to shade alternate rows?

bill-2
Many thanks Jean! That seems to work well.

peace
bill d