locales of files from other users

GnuMeric mailing list
Hello,
I have a file (I converted it from .xlsx to .gnumeric) that was sent to
me by another person; they almost certainly use a locale where numbers
have a comma as decimal separator.

No matter what locale variables I set, ssconvert always generates
csv/txt files with commas in numbers. Is that because of the locale of
the original author? Do I understand the locale issue correctly?

Can I force my locale on ssconvert output?

All the Best,
Andrei

Re: locales of files from other users

Jean Brefort
Hi,

The gnumeric file does not store the locale and ssconvert just uses the
current locale. You might try something like:

LANG= ssconvert ...

Hope this helps,
Jean