matrix size?

Berntsson, Martin

Hi Guys,

Thanks for a great software.

Works fast and do things right.

Really like many sides of it.

Is there a limit to the max number of columns in the spreadsheet?

Med vänliga hälsningar / With kind regards / Freundliche Grüße,

Martin Berntsson

Data Scientist

Meter Data Management (MDM)

T : +46 - 706 304755

[hidden email]

E.ON Elnät Sverige AB

Nobelvägen 66

205 09 Malmö

www.eon.se

Re: matrix size?

Morten Welinder-2
> Is there a limit to the max number of columns in the spreadsheet?

Several, but without knowing what you are actually up to, it is a little
hard give a full answer.

You can select Resize from the sheet tab menu.  That will allow you to
change the size up to 16k columns and 16M rows.  In principle we could go
higher, but you don't really want to go high enough for TRUE to become a
valid row name.

Both row and column numbers need to stay well below the maximum "int",
probably by a factor of 8.

Finally there is a practical limit in that if you actually fill up a
gigantic sheet
with data then you are likely to run into inefficiencies, known and unknown,
causing cpu and memory usage to leave the realm of reason.  We don't
know precisely where this limit lies -- that depends on what you actually
do with the sheet.

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 3:12 AM, Berntsson, Martin
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>

> Thanks for a great software.
>
> Works fast and do things right.
>
> Really like many sides of it.
>

> Is there a limit to the max number of columns in the spreadsheet?
>

> Med vänliga hälsningar / With kind regards / Freundliche Grüße,
>

> Martin Berntsson
>

> Data Scientist
>
> Meter Data Management (MDM)
>
> T : +46 - 706 304755
>
> [hidden email]
>

> E.ON Elnät Sverige AB
>
> Nobelvägen 66
>
> 205 09 Malmö
>
> www.eon.se

RE: matrix size?

Prakhar Mehrotra
How come I am getting this mail ? Remove me from here

Regards,
Prakhar Mehrotra ,   MIS Infra
Unix Administrator
IT Engineering and Business Technologies Operations Group –
IT, Global Business Technologies Group

I +91-20401-54987 (Desk)  +91-7709952870 (Mob)
AMDOCS | EMBRACE CHALLENGE EXPERIENCE SUCCESS