new MC logo proposal

pierre-philipp braun
Hello mc devs & board,

I'm an occasional MC user for some time now and since I'm only a
sysadmin, my contribution is somehow limited.  However, I would like to
propose a possible replacement of the MC logo which is displayed on the
website and possibly used as desktop icon.  Please see sample MC logos
hereby attached and let me know if you're interested in any of those
designs.

Once you've picked one up, myself or one of yours can easily generate
resized flavors and favicon.ico accordingly.  Yes, there was no budget
for this.  But I find some of those pngs pretty neat esp. `mc-bigchief.png`.

The ASCII converter I've used: www.network-science.de/ascii/ (there's
also http://www.patorjk.com/software/taag/ and other alternatives)

The screen capture utility I've used to generate the pngs: "Take
Screenshot" on ubuntu/mint.

Many thanks for the MC revival that I've experienced the last couple of
years.  The thing is very much usable again.

BR
--
pierre-philipp

mc-alligator.png (1K) Download Attachment
mc-alligator2.png (1K) Download Attachment
mc-bigchief.png (1K) Download Attachment
mc-chunky.png (628 bytes) Download Attachment
mc-cosmic.png (3K) Download Attachment
mc-cosmike.png (3K) Download Attachment
mc-digital.png (804 bytes) Download Attachment
mc-goofy.png (1K) Download Attachment
mc-lean.png (1K) Download Attachment
mc-rectangles.png (604 bytes) Download Attachment
mc-rounded.png (1K) Download Attachment
mc-smshadow.png (998 bytes) Download Attachment
mc-univers.png (3K) Download Attachment

Re: new MC logo proposal

Felix Miata-2
pierre-philipp braun composed on 2017-07-14 15:27 (UTC+0200):

> ...I would like to
> propose a possible replacement of the MC logo which is displayed on the
> website and possibly used as desktop icon.  Please see sample MC logos
> hereby attached and let me know if you're interested in any of those
> designs.

-130

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Re: new MC logo proposal

Yury V. Zaytsev
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017, pierre-philipp braun wrote:

> Once you've picked one up, myself or one of yours can easily generate
> resized flavors and favicon.ico accordingly.  Yes, there was no budget
> for this.  But I find some of those pngs pretty neat esp.
> `mc-bigchief.png`.

I think the `mc-digital.png` is a rather funny pun on the double panel
manager idea and a clever design for a text logo, but I can't see how we
can possibly make use of it... it's certainly all but appropriate for
replacing the current logo, favicons and stuff.

Also, FYI: http://midnight-commander.org/ticket/2314

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev