removing duplicates and calculating average values

removing duplicates and calculating average values

Frédéric Parrenin
Dear all,

I often encounter the following problem in my data analyses.

I have two columns: one is an abscissa in increasing order, the other is
an ordinate.
The abscissas have duplicates.
So I would like to remove the duplicates in the abscissas and to
calculate the average value of the ordinates when there are duplicates.

How can I do that easily?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Frédéric

Re: removing duplicates and calculating average values

Frédéric Parrenin
Answering to myself, since I found a solution:
- first you can remove the duplicates of the abscissas by doing an
advanced filter
- then you can calculate the average of the ordinates by using the
averageif function.

If there is a simpler solution, I will be glad to hear it.

Best,

Frédéric