xlsx recalculate on open

GnuMeric mailing list
hi!

I'm writing xlsx with some python modules (eg xlsxwriter), and I find, when opening the result with gnumeric that I have to hit recalculate to see the calculated values

for example, with this script:

##########
import xlsxwriter

workbook = xlsxwriter.Workbook('demo.xlsx')
worksheet = workbook.add_worksheet()

worksheet.write('A1', 1)
worksheet.write('B1', 2)
worksheet.write('C1', '=A1+B1')

workbook.close()
#############

when I open demo.xlsx with gnumeric, I see:

image.png

and after I hit F9 the value of C1 appears:

image.png

do you know why this is happening? I tried openpyxl and it does the same thing

just in case it was some bug in the libraries, I tried libreoffice and wps and they do show the calculated value on open

I'm using gnumeric 1.12.41

tia,
René

Re: xlsx recalculate on open

Morten Welinder-2

Please file a bug at https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnumeric/-/issues with a sample file.

There are basically two possibilities: either the file contains a 0 for C1 (in which case things work as designed)
or it contains something else (and we have a problem).

The intent is that only volatile cells (i.e., those containing =TODAY() or some such) are computed on load.

M.